12 July 2013

Kendo



Everyone in the creative field shares a common intention - to produce something that stands out from the crowd. I am in no exception to this notion. One of the ways I deal with this is to find uncommon photographic subjects.

A friend of mine practises kendo at Melbourne University Kendo Club managed to hook me up with the person in-charge and after a few emails, I showed up at their training sessions. In fact I attended twice, first to observe while the actual shoot was on the second time. I find that its a more productive approach albeit takes a bit more time.

Special thanks to Valia for helping me referring me to the right person.   
*Yea... backlight was poorly aimed...

Meditation at the beginning of the class.  

Gearing up 

 This photo was inspired by Strobist DVD poster

Viet Hoang(right) president of the Kendo Club


Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All images and materials found in this blog are copyrighted to Vui Khien/Lance/CAMERALANCE and cannot be used, manipulated, altered in any way shape or form without expressed written permission by Vui Khien. Failure to do so will result in copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of international laws.