24 January 2013

Playing with Film.


Had the opportunity of playing with a friend's film slr camera, a Nikon F2 with 50mm f/1.8 lens. The film used was a Kodak Gold ISO 200. Before this, I have never had any experience with a film camera before. Except with family holidays when my dad got a disposable camera back then but I was still a little kid so don't have much memory of it. 

We strolled around Carpenter Street that afternoon looking for things to photograph as usual. The camera was on aperture priority so I didn't have to worry much on exposure. However the lens' focusing ring was really stiff so I had a hard time getting my subjects fast in focus. As a result, most of the photos turned out either miss focus or completely blur. However I'm glad that the rest of the photos turned out pretty good. The colours are, you know, film-like but its not a bad thing though. 

So here are the publishable ones. 






In my opinion, this is the best photo I have out of the whole roll


And of course, a photo of myself in a somewhat tired and sweaty state from that afternoon's streetwalk. I almost forgot how easily it is to sweat back at home.



Thanks for viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All images and materials found in this blog are copyrighted to Vui Khien/Lance/CAMERALANCE and cannot be used, manipulated, altered in any way shape or form without expressed written permission by Vui Khien. Failure to do so will result in copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of international laws.